Janmashtami quick: Know the best way to make samak rice or barnyard millet for vitality
On Janmashtami, an annual Hindu pageant which celebrates the start of Lord Krishna, a number of individuals observe a quick. They abstain from consuming cereal, grains, onions and garlic, and keep on with solely sure meals and fruits. Samak rice or barnyard millet, additionally colloquially often known as ‘vrat ke chawal’ or ‘sama ke chawal’, is without doubt one of the extra well-liked meals when individuals select what to eat in a Janmashtami quick. Come, tell us the advantages of this superfood and the best way to make samak rice.
This dish can be ready on different festivals and auspicious occasions of the Hindu calendar, comparable to Navratri, Ekadashi and Mahashivratri.
On Janmashtami, samak rice may be eaten as a meal in itself. This barnyard millet is extensively grown in nations like India, Japan, and Korea. Based on a survey, India is the world’s prime producer of small millet varieties like samak rice.
Tips on how to add samak rice to your food regimen:
Listed here are some Janmashtami particular vrat recipes that are wholesome and healthful!
1. Easy samak rice pulao
Samak rice: 1 cup
Cumin: 1 tsp
Cardamom: 3 pods
Pepper: 1/2 tsp
Ginger: 1 inch chopped
Chilli: 2 slit
Potato: Half cubed
Carrot: Half cubed
Peanut: 2 tsp
Makhana (fox nuts)
* Take a bowl of samak rice and add water to it and soak it for 20 minutes.
* Take a pan and add 1 tbsp ghee to it. Add cumin, cardamom and pepper to it and sauté at low flame until it turns fragrant.* Then, add finely chopped ginger, 2 slits of chilli and sauté them at medium flame.
* Now, add potato and carrot, sauté for 3 minutes until they’re half cooked.
* Add nicely soaked samak rice to it and sauté for 1 minute.
* Add 2 cups of water to the pan, some half tsp rock salt, half tsp pepper powder and blend nicely. Cowl it and let it cook dinner for quarter-hour.
* Take one other pan and add 2 tbsp ghee, add peanuts and sauté at low flame until it turns crunchy. Then add 2 tbsp dry coconut and half cup makhana (fox nuts) and roast at low flame until it turns crunchy.
* Add these roasted nuts to the rice and garnish it with coriander
Your samak rice pulao with the goodness of nuts and makhana are prepared.
2. Samak rice khichdi
This fascinating recipe comes from Shubhra Chauhan Bisen through an Instagram put up. For those who’re searching for one thing to eat whereas fasting, this can be a improbable selection.
Black pepper powder
Crimson chilli powder
Fasting salt – To tast
* Warmth 2 tbsp ghee within the stress cooker.
* Add 1 tsp cumin seeds and 1 tbsp chopped inexperienced chilli. Allow them to sizzle a bit.
* Add chopped 1 chopped potatoes and 1 big-sized chopped tomatoes.
* Add chopped coriander leaves (you can even add veggies of your selection when you aren’t fasting)
* Add 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, half tsp purple chilli powder, or fasting salt. You might use regular salt when you’re not on a quick.
* Combine nicely for about 2 minutes.
* Now add washed 1 cup samak rice/ barnyard millet.
* Add 3 or 4 Cups of water. (if you need it a bit thick, add 3 cups of water)
* Add Chopped Coriander leaves.
* Once more add 1 tbsp of ghee.
* Cowl the lid and provides it 2 whistles on medium flame.
* Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.
* Serve sizzling!
Well being advantages of samak rice
Now that you understand two particular recipes for Janmashtami, allow us to let you know about some well being advantages of samak rice.
Well being Photographs spoke to well-known nutritionist and creator Kavita Devgan to know extra about it. She says, “Barnyard millet has excessive protein elements as in comparison with many different cereals. It’s truly a seed and never a grain, and it’s excessive in calcium, magnesium and potassium. Furthermore, it’s gluten-free and has loads of well being benefits.”
1. Helps decrease levels of cholesterol
Samak rice incorporates loads of resistant starch, which, capabilities like fibre and lowers irritation by enhancing the well being of intestine micro organism. This lowers LDL, or unhealthy ldl cholesterol, and whole levels of cholesterol within the physique.
2. Helps preserve blood sugar ranges
Samak rice is sweet for diabetic sufferers because it helps in sustaining blood sugar ranges of the physique.
3. Helps forestall the danger of anaemia
Anaemia is a dysfunction the place there aren’t sufficient wholesome purple blood cells within the blood. The organs of the physique obtain much less oxygen on account of this. Around the globe, anaemia deficiency is an issue that many ladies face.
This millet has excessive focus of iron which might help the patron preserve the physique’s iron ranges. It incorporates iron, which can additionally help the physique carry out its important actions higher like management physique temperature, and help respiratory well being.
4. Prevents digestive issues
Samak rice is helpful for digestive points such flatulence, bloating, abdomen ache, and poor digestion, in addition to issues related to constipation. This rice may also help hold your digestive system wholesome and forestall the aforementioned circumstances.
5. Good for individuals with celiac illness
Celiac illness is an immunological response to consuming the protein gluten, which is current in wheat, barley, and rye. Barnyard millet incorporates no gluten and little energy. Diets containing gluten are completely forbidden for anybody with Celiac illness or gluten sensitivity. Samak rice is usually a wholesome meal choice for individuals with the aforementioned well being drawback as a result of it’s gluten-free.
Leave a Comment